All of us have paid a visit to the local museums once or twice in our lives. It may be because of a school trip or a family picnic at the museum. Museums play a vital role to portray and convey the histories and traditions of our countries and it further portrays our old culture which has passed down from generation to generation.
Museums also help in bringing different ethnicities and communities together in times of turmoil and crisis, once you know you share the same history even if you don’t come from the same place, a sense of comradeship and unity is birthed.
202 countries around the world consist of more than 55000 museums. Below are mentioned a few must-visit museums:
- The museum of Modern Art: It is situated in New York and has displayed more than 200 000 paintings. It not only consists of Vincent van Gogh but also of Picasso and Salvador Dali.
- The Brand horst museum in Munich is rather new as it was open for the general public in 2009. Not only does it consist of the art collection of Udo Fritz Hermann and Anna Brand horst, but it is also home to many famous artists’ paintings. The museum is not only a haven for those who love art but it also caters to the people who appreciate the infrastructure and ambiance as well. It is made of many marbles of different colours which attract the visitors and lure them in with its charm and beauty.
- The Centre George Pompidou in Paris is an exceptional museum with infrastructure as beautiful and appealing as the artwork inside. The museum is home to many aesthetic artworks and is also hosts an array of workshops and entertainment nights with movies etc.
- The Louvre Museum in Paris has an impressive collection of artwork, even if you have an interest as little as a grain, this place should be on your bucket list. It has a million artwork and is a sanctuary to observe and look at and appreciate art as much as your heart desires.
- The National gallery of art in Washington D.C is the only place in the USA where you can look at Leonardo da Vinci’s art as his infamous paintings are displayed there. The gallery was closed for three years for renovation and after it, reopened with more capacity, it is a haven to more than 500 artworks.
If you find these museums interesting enough and you need to look for more classic and traditional artworks in Australia, come visit our gallery. At MBantua, the traditional Aboriginal artwork is guaranteed to tug at your heartstrings and pull you in. The Indigenous dot art introduced by aboriginal people is an epitome of grace and perfection. Head down to our gallery today and we would help you in finding your favourite artwork according to your taste.